Thursday, June 11, 2009

What you've been missing!
I know I haven't blogged since January. I thought it would be so nice of me to tell you what you've missed...or at least what you've missed that I took pictures of...

So, starting with February, this is what we've been doing the past few months. This first picture is of Madeline and some of her friends from school at Barnes and Noble. They had a fund raiser and the kids all came dressed as one of their favorite characters from a book they've read. Madeline is dressed as Kirsten, the pioneer girl from the American Girls series.

Timothy found a book and settled in to read with his daddy-o. Yes, he's wearing a skeleton costume....he promised me that his absolute favorite book is The Human Body. (Cutest story...he found that book on his shelf a couple years ago and came out to me and said, "Mom! Please read me The Human Body! I LOVE The Human Body!" Except he pronounced it "The Hummin' Boe-dee" Still makes me smile to think about it.)

We roasted marshmallows in our fireplace at some point that month. (I know because there are pictures I had never downloaded from my camera and they are date stamped.) Please admire the wonderful contraption Madeline is making use of. It's a hanger from the dry cleaner, but it had plastic coating on it that would have melted into the marshmallow. SO...I tangled one of the beaters from my mixer all into the hanger and stuck the marshmallow on the end of the beater. Innovative, I know.
S'mores! We are such health nuts, I know.
Oh, it was during this month that our kids decided that Bob Evans is their favorite restaurant. Seriously, they have reasons. Well, at least Timothy does. 1) It's a great place for families. 2) They play nice music. 3) Their food never upsets his tummy. (He gets macaroni and cheese and applesauce every single time.)
OK, that's February. I was in medical school, you know, we couldn't do too much.
-shannon

No comments: