Friday, August 31, 2007

Lots to post!
I have a lot of pictures to add after our very busy week! So....starting with last weekend...I got a phone call from my bff Min (he he...I just had to say that) who let me know that her car had a flat tire and she couldn't come over my way to see a movie like we had planned. Who came to the rescue you ask? SuperSpouse!!!! (That's Mike.) He volunteered to drive our crew over to Plymouth and then keep an eye on all three kids while Mindy and I headed off to the movie. So here are some pictures of the kiddos under the watchful eye of SuperDad (That's Mike too.) Madeline and Timothy had lots of fun; they always do when they get to see Cora =)

Here's Cora having some lunch from Uncle Mike, and then Madeline, Timothy and Cora making sure every toy that is in Cora's collection gets its fair use!


When we returned, Mindy was delighted to find that her little gal had survived, and even enjoyed, her first babysitter! (first other than grandparents that is...) Good job, Mike =)
Our little technology man (Timothy) got a hold of the digital camera and went on another photo taking spree while we were sitting around chatting. So here are some of his high quality photographs =)




We were able to have some of our friends from church over last weekend as well, and they have a son about Timothy's age. The kids always have fun running around together, and here they are playing some Wii and a little bit of computer.

This was a big week in some other ways too. I started back to school. I'm only registered for one class and a research project. However, the one class I am taking is physical chemistry. So, you can all start praying for me now and continue until I take my final exam on December 12th! This is the last science class I need for my degree, and definitely the toughest! I'll also be doing some genetics research with the geneticist at IU South Bend, and I may even make my way over to the big world of Notre Dame because we are partnering with some of their researchers.
I started classes, and Madeline finished soccer. Her last game was Thursday night, and it was great! Mike has been an awesome coach, and no, I am not in the least bit partial; he really is! The team had a great season and it was fun to watch as the players became more confident and played as a team more and more throughout the season.
Here are some pictures of the "mighty condors" warming up before their final game, lined up with Coach Mike afterwards, and a couple of Madeline with some of her buddies from the team.



Here was the big surprise, well, for the kids anyway! My mom and dad...affectionately Mimi and Papa to the kids...came up to see the last soccer game of the season. The kids were tickled! We all went out to Chili's afterwards (thanks mom and dad!) and enjoyed a meal together before saying goodbye.
We've had a busy week and we're looking forward to a weekend in Ohio with Mike's mom and dad, so I'm logging off and packing some bags for now!
-shannon

No comments: