Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Day of School!!!

Well, they did it! Madeline is back at Nappanee Elementary for SECOND GRADE and Timothy started KINDERGARTEN this year! I can't believe how fast time has flown by since they were the most beautiful babies in the world....they are getting so big!

Madeline is super excited about starting back. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Dodson, and she couldn't wait to meet her and get started. She got out a paper and pen and started doing math facts at the table while I made breakfast. "Just for practice, Mom!"

Timothy's teacher is Mrs. Miller, and she is super sweet. In her welcome letter she wrote that she believes children are a gift from God and asked that we pray for her, our child and the class. I love her already =) Timothy went right into the room and sat in his seat and then yelled across the room as I was leaving, "Bye , Mom!" I'd say preschool got him more than ready for this big day. (Thank you IU South Bend Child Development Center...we love you guys!)

I let the kids pick what they wanted for breakfast. They both wanted bacon (Aren't you proud Papa?) Timothy had some jelly toast and Madeline had some eggs. As you can see they are both excited. Timothy even got out of bed by himself this morning. Quite a feat for this very genetically predispositioned night owl!
I have taken this picture of Madeline every year on the front steps. I can't believe how she has changed over the past three years....so grown up!
Here she is on her first day of the first grade...
Here she is on her first day of kindergartern...
Here is Timothy's front steps picture. He was a bit excited....just couldn't contain himself =)
This is my favorite! I know Timothy has a big sister who will look out for him at school. They'll have to ride the bus from latchkey in the morning to school when I start back to my classes. I am so grateful that Madeline considers it a privilege and not a pain to look out for little bro!
When we got to school, Timothy had to stop at the car in front of us to let us all know that it said, " www.IN.gov " Thanks, Tim.
Here is Madeline in her classroom. You can't tell because she is smiling graciously, but she was embarassed that I came in with her and wanted to take her picture. She was a good sport though...I figure I'll take advantage of that while I can.
Here is Timothy by his locker. He is super proud that he can open it all by himself and put his Diego bonus backpack in it!
This is Timothy in his classroom. The little girl sitting by him goes to our church and is such a sweetheart. She always greets him when he gets to the Sunday school room and did the same when she saw him come in the classroom. She is super friendly, and I'm sure that knowing he had a friend there made it a bit easier for Timothy to sit down and get busy.
Here is a video clip I took while the kids were eating breakfast. They were so excited about starting back. I'll probably take another short clip when they get home so you can hear how the day went.



Hope you enjoy the video and the pictures. I'll post more tonight....maybe!


-shannon

No comments: