Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer Camp
I brought Madeline to summer camp this morning. Her first camp experience! The camp, run by our church, is called "maka maka" which means beloved friend in Hawaiian. It is only two days, one night, but she is very excited, to say the least. We packed her bags, including bright colored clothes for a luau tonight, a camera to take pictures of new friends, and a journal to record her memories.

Since Madeline is off on a new adventure, I thought I would crack down and start a new adventure of my own...blogging. I have several friends who blog, but I have just never made the time. I figured with kids as cute as mine it would be an injustice to not allow them some web time....so I've started my blog. Hopefully I will be able to update it frequently with pictures to keep our family in the loop. We'll see how it goes when the school year starts...ha!

Here are some pictures of the kids playing out in the sun during these first few weeks of summer. We got to go visit Mindy and Cora, so that was a treat, and they are loving the trampoline. Michael just got the pool up yesterday, so that will be nice for some of these hot days.






Timothy came home from dropping Madeline off at Praire Camp, and sat down to make some "notes." He was singing the whole time, and I thought it would be fun to record his renditions of Veggietales "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" and the ABC song. I may be biting off more than I can chew posting video, but I'll see if I can figure out how to post that too =)

One more thing...I sent off my application for medical school last week. I submitted it to amcas, an organization who will submit it to all of the medical schools I choose to have it sent to. Starting June 21st amcas will have applications authenticated and begin sending them off. I selected 11 schools that will be receiving my application. If a school likes what they see, they will send me a secondary application with a new set of hoops to jump through, and if they like the way the secondary looks, they'll invite me for an interview. The whole process will take months, but I'd appreciate your prayers as I start on this new step in the journey!
Hope you enjoy the blog!
-shannon

3 comments:

Kevin Flick said...

Too cute! That picture of Maddie with her hair blowing across her face is GORGEOUS!!!!! She sure looks like her mama!
Mindy Lu

Tammy said...

Shannon,

It was so sweet to see those precious faces! I will have to check in from time to time to see your updates. Enjoy them . . .

;)

Tammy

Unknown said...

Thanks for pictures. Our babies are beautiful:)
Mom