Sunday, September 14, 2008

My husband ROCKS!
Yes, I know I have already used this blog title, but I can't help but restate the fact. I have no idea what I would do without my wonderful man. Packing school lunches, doing laundry and dishes, driving the kiddos to church and OT on Wednesday nights, and giving baths and bedtime kisses--this superdad does it all, and very often by himself.

The past five weeks have been more stressful and exhausting than I ever could have prepared myself for.....we're making it though. God is faithful, and what He calls us to do He'll carry us through! I just finished up the second unit in anatomy and have three weeks to go....then on to BIOCHEMISTRY!!!! Yes, BIOCHEM! I'll give you a few minutes to celebrate with me....continue reading when you're ready ;)

Having kids as adorable as mine, and a life as busy, you know I have pictures to share, so here are some snapshots of the past month.


Madeline on the first day of school...

Timothy on the first day of school....
Madeline and Timothy, you know, on the first day of school....(oh, and also Timothy's dog, Bud)
Heading in for the first day at Good Shepherd Montessori School...
Timothy, with his super sweet teaching assistant....
Madeline found a book and settled in to read. (Mike told me that he was the only parent that followed their kids in with a camera.....isn't it sad that more parents don't love their kids as much....just kidding...thanks, though, honey, I know you did it for me!)
Pick-up after school....Madeline spotted Daddy first....
On the way home after a great first day!

I am so happy to have the kids at Good Shepherd this year. We met with Timothy's directress (teacher) and her assistant last week. I came with some ideas to give them on how to help Timothy transition and some explanations of some of his quirky little nuances that make him the little Tim we know and love....well, before I started they already began telling me how they've noticed things that have been stressful for him and how they're already helping him adjust. He had a hard time starting back after summer off, but has already settled in beautifully, and I am really tickled with how well things are going. (Madeline LOVES her teacher as well....so happy!)


Here are some pictures from before the school year began. I headed down to Indianapolis for my white coat ceremony and orientation the weekend before classes started. Mike and the kids came down for the ceremony. Here are the kids at the hotel. I got a great rate at hotwire.com and we stayed right down town at the Crowne Plaza. Here are the kids in front of a train at the hotel....it is an old train station.....they thought that was pretty cool.

We went out for a late dinner when they got in to town....here's Madeline mastering her chopstick skillz. I have no idea what Timothy said to her to get that reaction, but I thought it was priceless =)
They were pretty tired!
Mike and me after the white coat ceremony....I love my man =)
My precious kiddos....
with my lovely sisters....
my sweet little man.....
with Grandpa and Papaw =)
Madeline worked so hard to make the masterpiece in front of her....
with Grandma and Grandpa....
(There were lots of other pictures taken this day, but the battery on my camera ran out....so I don't have them. =( Maybe people should e-mail their pictures to me????)


We've been getting lots of rain up here. We decked the kids out in their rain gear so we could head out into the downpour to get some dinner together this weekend.

My little ducks! (and also our new vehicle....yay for two reliable vehicles!)


Timothy and Daddy at dinner...


Mommy and Madeline....stormtracker in the background....


Today at church I got to sit with my dear friend, and former babysitting charge (how old does that make me?), Caitlin! She's a student at Grace College and comes to NMC some weekends to worship with us, and it is always a treat to see her. Since it's my weekend "off" we had time to take her out for lunch afterwards.


Oh, and speaking of NMC.....you should check out the blog that our church updates regarding the African Gospel Church Abandoned Baby Center in Kenya. It's an orphanage that our church has partnered with, and our pastor is there right now. Someday I'd really like to go there....we'll see what God has in store.


Well, that's all I have for now....it's back to the grind tomorrow. One more thing.....check out the Flick Family blog for some excitement =)


P.S. OK, maybe just one more thing.....here's a video clip of a funny conversation with the kids....




4 comments:

Kevin Flick said...

cute, cute, cute! the kids are getting so big. i didn't know you guys got a new vehicle. when did that happen? glad we got to "chat" this weekend a bit.

Anonymous said...

I was excited to see a new entry!

I'm glad the kids are adjusting to school. It looks like a good place to learn.

It was neat to see you in your white coat! How cool!

I saw your friend's blog about being pregnant, and even though I haven't met her, I was super thrilled. :)

nicole said...

hi shannon! i am so proud of you and God is so amazing!! i love your pictures. you look perfect in your white coat :-)

i wanted to let you know that timothy's teaching assistant is my friend claire! she is a wonderful person!!! she spent two+ years living and teaching at a home for orphaned children in honduras. she is a beautiful person and will love your kids so much!

i am praying for you! you can do all things through Christ...

love,
nicole

Lisa said...

I was so happy to see new pictures of you all =) I am glad that the kids are settling into their new school, and things are going well for you.

Hugz,
Lisa