Sunday, August 17, 2008

No pictures...sorry =(
What's the point of blogging if I don't have pictures for you, right? Sorry about that....I will have pictures from my white coat ceremony soon, but I'm not able to get them up today. "Why?" you ask? Well, that would be because I started med school on Monday, and now, over the course of five days, have completed my first course, embryology. That's right, an entire textbook, cover to cover, in one week. My final is tomorrow morning.

Med school is so much more intense than I could have imagined. After the embryology final we start anatomy, which will last seven weeks, and class will start at 8:00 and go to anywhere from 4:00-6:30....of course, the second years students have already told us that there are no guarantees, and we stay until they tell us to leave, and even then it's advisable to stay longer. The light at the end of my tunnel is this.....after we finish anatomy, we start BIOCHEMISTRY! You may think I am crazy for saying this, but if you know me you will totally understand.....isn't God faithful? He knew how badly I'd need my biochem after finishing anatomy, and so He made sure our classes were so ordered ;)

Well, I need to study.....a LOT. I'm trying to adjust, but it is difficult. I don't have very much time with my family, and without my truly AMAZING husband, there is no way I would be able to manage....God gives us everything, and in this case everyone, we need to accomplish what He calls us to, and I am grateful for that. And very grateful that all He expects me to be is His jar of clay.

Please continue to pray for us (and for me a whole lot)....I am so grateful....so so grateful...and still hanging in there.....

-shannon

2 comments:

nicole said...

shannon!! i am PRAYING for you!!!!
you are an amazing person, and will bring so many beautiful gifts that God has given you to your calling as a physician.

with love and prayers,
nicole

Kevin Flick said...

i love you! you were led to this path. you can do this through Him!