Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sad news
I updated last night to let you know that Mike had flown out to be with his grandma in California, and now I'm writing to let you know that she passed away this morning while she was sleeping. She has been battling cancer for about a year now and she has been in horrible pain for the past couple of weeks; we are grateful that she is no longer suffering. Mike will be out in California for the rest of the week helping his parents to get things in order. Please remember him and his parents (who are the best in-laws ever) in your prayers. I am so grateful that I can make that request and know that so many will lift them up to our Lord who is faithful to respond.

I also wanted to let you know that the kids are doing great in Nappanee, having a blast with their buddies. In fact, Lisa updated her blog today so you can check in on them by clicking here.

thanks for your thoughts and prayers,
shannon

No comments: