Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Renfrows hit Tennessee!
After preparing as well as we could for what this summer was to bring our way, we packed our bags and headed to Tennessee for Matt and Hannah's wedding (also for my last opportunity to see my family before I headed to basic training at Fort Sam Houston.)

When we got to TN, we were greeted by lots of family! Here is Timothy, the (at the time) soon to be birthday boy, with an early birthday present from Grammy and Poppy. Mario Party DS for his hand held gaming system. He was more than a little excited!

And here's Miss Madeline enjoying the "birthday" festivities at Grandma and Poppy's hotel.

Mike and the kids with Poppy....

Timothy and Grammy....
The kids came up to Aunt Laura's hair shop, Hair on the Square, for haircuts, and they were lucky enough to get to see Uncle Matt. (I won't tell you that he was there to tan in preparation for his wedding, per his future wife's instruction.....oops.)
Timothy playing some Nintendo DS while he waited for his turn to get trimmed....
The owner of the shop, Kim, had a birthday that day! Happy birthday, Kim =) She is such a sweet and encouraging friend to Laura. I'm so glad Laura found a place in her shop.
Here's Aunt Laura doing what she loves to do....give the best haricuts in town that is =)
One for Timothy too.....
"Almost Aunt" Hannah stopped by too!
Matt and Hannah had a cookout for the wedding party the day before the wedding.....here we are visiting with family....
....but we got rained out! Here's Madeline after making a rapid retreat to the car.
Back at Aunt Laura's place...playing with Harley...
...and having a snack...
At the rehearsal with Grandma....what lovely ladies!
....and how about these handsome fellas?
Madeline with Poppy, Aunt Connie, Uncle Jim, Seth and Jeremy at the rehearsal dinner.
The next day at the wedding.....Grandma did all of the flowers, including the wreaths on all of the flower girl's heads.....
Madeline and Timothy with the happy couple...
Our sweet family...
Me and my mom-in-law!
Maddy and Daddy...
The Renfrow clan...
Madeline in a sea of flower girls...
The arrival of Aunt Laura and Uncle Brent....
what a good looking pair....
"This is my silly face..."
Timothy fell asleep during the ceremony....I shed a few tears, knowing that this would be the last day in a long while that I would have the opportunity to hold my sweet boy....
Beautiful Madeline...
Swinging...
They love each other so much....
Kisses from Sissy!
Timothy getting his swing on ;)
My beautiful mom and sisters....
Mamaw and Papaw.....fifty years since their wedding....Matt and Hannah, I hope you two still look at each other like this fifty years from now =)
My little stud...
Madeline and her dancing part for the evening....these two were the best dancers on the floor!
These two stunning ladies are my marvelous moms.....and according to Madeline and Timothy the world's best grandmas. (I can't confirm that, because I was pretty sure I had the world's best grandmas....but I am so grateful for my moms and all the support they've been while I have been away.)
Me holding sweet Brooklyn Rose....the newest family member on the Rader side....she was such a good baby all day! She got passed around and loved on a lot!
Me and my two awesome dads...how's a gal get so lucky?
Matt's best man....explaining that now that he was married all the gals who were holding keys to his place needed to turn them back in....a long line of ladies obliged, and just when we thought all the keys had been secured....
Mamaw emerged from the crowd with her key to Matt's place. This was all in fun of course, and it provided a good laugh and an opportunity for Matt to get a hug from Mamaw....worth the embarrassment ;)
Mike's cousin, Alexis, super mom to Brooklyn Rose. So proud of you, Alexis!
Madeline giving Uncle Matt the card she had made for him and Hannah....
Timothy cutting a rug!
Mike had the DJ play our song (Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, It's Your Love) so, of course, I had to cry again....
One of my favoritest pictures from the day! Love from Daddy's girl!
What a great day with family. Congratulations, Matt and Hannah. Love you!
-shannon

No comments: