Friday, September 02, 2011

I guess I should blog, huh?
Much has happened, here is first installment of an update! I spent the month of July in TX on active duty with the army. I worked with their obstetrician/gynecologists, in the departments of urogynecology and maternal fetal medicine. I also spent a lot of time on the labor deck. I love labor and delivery....but, as you can imagine, that is where the crazy hours come from! I was exhausted by the end of the month!

There are five places that the army has ob/gyn residencies and our top two choices are TX and WA. I have been leaning more towards WA, but Mike and the kids have been pushing me hard to like TX. After spending a month down there, I'm pretty sure this will be our first choice on our rank list. Of course, it is a match, and it is the army, so certainly no guarantees. I was impressed with the ability of the residents and I really loved the teaching staff that I worked with and interviewed with....plus San Antonio turns out to be not so bad when you're not in basic training! =)

Mike and the kids came down and visited for a week while I was there. They looked at real estate and hung out by the pool while I was working and we went out and had some fun when I was off duty. It was hard to be gone for a month, so it helped a lot that they came down to visit.

Before I left, we were able to get together with several friends and enjoy some time as a family. Mike got in some target practice while we enjoyed the company of good friends.

This picture is kind of awful because of the sun in the kids eyes....but it was after church on Sunday, July 3rd, the day before I left for TX. We had service out on the hill....it was a gorgeous day, and I absolutely love standing outside in God's creation with so many others just lifting our praises to God.
This is a pic of the kids after dinner one night down in TX. We ate at the Spaghetti Warehouse....I'm so glad my kids love each other! =)
We got to go to Sea World too! Here I am with the kiddos after a show in Shamu Stadium.
They were even brave enough to go on the big water ride you see in the picture behind them...even Timothy! Plus, as you can see from the video in the post below, they enjoyed lots of time in the pool!
Maybe I'll post more....maybe even today...we'll see. =)
-shannon

2 comments:

Kevin Flick said...

YEAH! love hearing about your summer. i am so thankful that san antonio was so great (well except for the killer schedule). i am praying that God leads your family exactly where He wants you. i love you so much and your family!

Kathlyn Burrus said...

I'm sure Washington would be great- but I love San Antone! I vote TEXAS!!! (hmmm! wonder why?)