Friday, May 16, 2008

My Husband Rocks!

Friday was "Donuts for Dads" at Timothy's school. Much like "Muffins for Moms" last Friday, the children of Timothy's kindergarten class invited their dads in, shared a treat with them, read a book together, and sang a song for them. Timothy and Michael had a fun morning together, and since Michael had to go to the school this morning he told me to lay out the kids' clothes for them Thursday night so he could get them ready and drive them to school in the morning, letting me sleep in!

Here's a picture of Timothy with the poem he had written for Michael.....so proud =)The kids sang "five green and speckled frogs" to the dads that morning. He gave an encore performance when he got home so I could share it with you.



Here's a picture from last Friday when I came to "Muffins for Moms." It was a fun morning, and Timothy enjoyed showing me around his room and introducing me to his friends.
Here's a video of Timothy reading his poem to me.

Here's a video of the class singing "five little monkeys" to the moms. (It's a little fuzzy at times, but you'll still enjoy Timothy's rendition, which turned out to be more of an interpretive dance.)


I had a great visit with my dear friend Joanna this morning. She is heading back to Oklahoma today where she just finished her first year of med school. Way to go, Joanna! God has big plans for you!
We're having some company today, so I'm logging off for now, but before I do, here's a picture of Madeline so she can be part of the blog too, one of my favorites from graduation. This little lady, by the way, won her class reading contest again! She gets to go have lunch at McDonald's with her teacher, who she could not love more, next Wednesday.Hope you have a blessed weekend!
-shannon

No comments: