Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hodge Podge

Well, I have some new pictures to share that I've taken from all over so I thought I'd just pile them into one post. This first picture I love; it is of Madeline and my best friend Mindy. Madeline is quite the artist; she is very creative and spends a lot of time on her artwork. As you can see, she is very proud of the artwork she made for Mindy.

These next two pictures were from when we spent the day over at my friend Lisa's house. They have two new kittens, and while it was no surprise that Madeline would love them, Timothy did too! He may have been a little more hesitant to pick them up than Madeline, but he wanted his share of time with them too. This picture of Timothy also has Lisa's little girl Olivia in it...so cute =)




This next picture is totally random, but later that night Timothy spotted his "Diego Animal Rescuer" sprinkler that he got for his birthday. It was wrapped up in a plastic bag from when it had been used at Mimi and Papa's. Well, Timothy looked at it and told me, "Mom, look, Diego is getting a haircut!" Timothy has haircutting on the brain because while we were down in Tennessee, my sister Laura gave him his first real in a salon haircut. He did surprisingly well, and when all was said and done, he walked over to a mirror, looked into it and said, "Boy, I sure do look handsome!" Which, of course, he did!
Madeline had her last soccer practice last night. Games start next week already! I got some pictures of her on the field with her team. Check out the one of her in the goal. Maybe she'll take after her Uncle Matt?



Timothy had fun at practice too. He made friends with a little girl who is the younger sister of one of the boys that is on Madeline's team. Timothy and his new friend had fun chasing each other around and spraying each other with the spray bottle I brought to cool Madeline down with. Tim's new friend is starting kindergarten at Nappanee Elementary in the fall too, so maybe they'll be spending a lot more time together come August. I have been really pleased with how much more timothy is playing with other children lately. He used to go find a place and play happily by himself, but now he has been seeking out other kids and playing along with them. I think he's going to do just fine in kindergarten =)


After soccer practice, we had to drive up to school and pick up our van. We were all tired when we got home. Madeline mustered one more smile for the camera, but Timothy didn't want anything to do with it....he crawled onto the floor of the car to avoid the camera =)

Well, I think we're going to head to Ohio this weekend, so I'll probably have more pictures of the kids antics after that =)

-shannon

No comments: